What types of personal information is collected?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include
- social security number and income information
- account balances, transaction history, and payment history
- credit history and employment information
How does Colvin Finance protect my personal information?
We use security measures that comply with federal law to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Only those employees who need access to your account for the purpose of performing their job responsibilities are authorized access.
How does Colvin Finance Company collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- apply for a loan
- provide wage information or provide employment information
- show your driver’s license or government issued I.D.
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing of my personal information?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account unless you tell us otherwise.
What are affiliates, nonaffiliates, and joint marketing?
Affiliates – Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Companies with the same Corporate Identity and ownership as Colvin Finance Co.
Nonaffiliates – Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Companies with different Corporate Identity and ownership than Colvin Finance Co.
Joint Marketing – A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Colvin Finance Co. does not use your information for joint marketing purposes.